Featured Post

There's No Place Like Home

Home Security In The (Crazy) Modern World by Eric Power Since October, I've been working for a major package delivery company in t...

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Welcome!

The Birth of a Blog 





Welcome! Some of you may be seeing me for the first time, while others may know my writing from my guest posts over on The Ratrace Losers blog. I wrote a number of articles as a guest author over there, and Chad, the blog owner, was so kind and gracious to allow me an outlet for my thoughts. I have always wanted to strike out on my own, and due to some life circumstances (nothing bad) that have occurred, I finally have! So I want to take the opportunity to properly introduce myself to you and tell you what I'm all about.


My name is Eric Power, hence the first part of the name of my blog. I consider myself a Patriot to my country, not to a political party. 
I am a Libertarian-leaning, small-government, conservative Constitutionalist, with a strong support of the 2nd amendment in particular. I think both parties have sold us down the River Styx; it is only a matter of time before this country pays the piper in the form of massive inflation, if not hyperinflation, due to reckless spending practices. I think we are also on the verge of an all-controlling police state, telling us what to do and how to live. We still have the power to arrest our slide into, quite frankly, Communism. But our time is fast running out. 

The second portion of the name, For The People, is another strong belief of mine, taken from one of my favorite Abraham Lincoln speeches, The Gettysburg Address. "Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." I am for the people in control of their government, certainly not the other way around. When the government controls their people, we end up with what we've endured, with a few exceptions, for the last 100 years or so. The Progressive march has culminated with our current president, but Obama is only taking us down the same road that we've been traveling since before my grandmother was born; he has only increased our pace toward the Progressive goal, which is the totalitarian control of its "subjects". 

As much as I write about politics, (and I will write about other things, so not to worry) I truly cannot stand politics! I pay attention to it because it has such ruinous potential for our country. Only by remaining eternally vigilant, will the People keep control of, and rein in, our government. We have not been a vigilant populace for a long, long time. Myself included! I did not start paying attention to the world around me until 9-11-01. It took planes flying into skyscrapers to wake me up; as sad as that is, it did the job, and I've not "slept" since. However, others have fallen back to sleep, and others still have never woken up to the changing world around them.

I often feel like we live in the world of the Matrix; I swallowed the red pill, while others are chucking blue pills down their gullet like a Killer Whale eating baby seals for breakfast. Part of my mission with my blogging is to wake people up to the truth. I have found that Ezekiel 33:1-6 to be one of the most powerful passages in all of the Bible, save for the Gospels of Jesus. It puts us, all of us, on the Watchtower, ringing the bell if we spy any danger coming over the horizon. As part of that mission, in order to gain and solidify your trust in me, I must remain steadfast to the truth even when it may go against what I thought or believed to be true. I have (for now) a right to free speech; I don't have the right to be heard. I must earn that privilege from each of you. Ringing the bell does no good if you ignore it, thinking the messenger is not to be believed. That is why the truth is so important.

Here's my second promise to you -- to not waste your time. I see a lot of blogs these days that just brain dump EVERYTHING onto their site. 4-5 posts a day from some, or 3-4 posts a week from others; and they don't really say a whole heck of a lot. I'd rather say a little something than a whole bunch of nothing; I think, also, you'd prefer to read that way as well. I'll save the cute, fluffy, puppy dog posts for FaceBook, and leave the meat and potatoes for the blog. My commitment for this blog is to put up a new post HOPEFULLY about every two weeks or so. Hey, a full-time job and family does not leave much time for writing when it doesn't pay the bills!  

So, subscribe by email and/or check and "like" the Tea Party Community and FaceBook pages (coming soon); or if you're a friend or follower on FaceBook or Google+, keep an eye out for posts and updates on my pages. Thanks for stopping by! I hope I'll make it worth your while.

No comments:

Post a Comment